A man has been flown to a Brisbane hospital after fuel was «accidentally poured over his body» at a property near Toowoomba on Sunday afternoon.
The man, aged in his 20s, suffered serious burns to his face, chest and arms when the car he was repairing caught fire at Linthorpe, about 30 kilometres west of Toowoomba.
The man did not spill the petrol on himself but it was being treated as an accident, a RACQ LifeFlight Rescue spokeswoman said.
«It’s believed the patient, in his early twenties, was burned after fuel was accidentally poured over his body earlier today,» the spokeswoman said.
He was airlifted to the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital in a stable condition about 4pm Sunday.
Police were not investigating.