Langer defends Hazlewood’s World Cup omission

Hazlewood is certain to feature in the Ashes opener at Edgbaston on August 1 and will play for the A team in the build-up to series in July, but Langer denied leaving him out of the World Cup had anything to do with trying to keep him fresh.

«He just hasn’t been playing any cricket,» Langer said.

«He’s come off a second stress fracture in his back and while he’s just starting to get up and running in the nets now — I think he’s played six white-ball games in the last 18 months — that’s T20 and one-day cricket.

«We know he’s a great bowler. He’s a brilliant bowler, but it was just such bad timing for him.»

Langer said he had no problem with Hazlewood so vocally expressing his disappointment last week and said he understood his frustration.

Loading

«He’s a terrific bloke, he’s been vice-captain of the team,» he said.

«He’s a brilliant bowler … his numbers over the last four years have been good. But over the last 18 months, he just hasn’t played enough [one-day] cricket.

«I’m sure he’s disappointed. There’s a few guys who are disappointed not to be in the squad.

«Hopefully through the Australia A series, he can start playing cricket again and then when he does that, we can’t wait to welcome him back.»

Источник: Theage.com.au

Источник: Corruptioner.life

Share

You may also like...